Software you could use: Illustrator, Gravit, Inkscape, Affinity Designer, VectorStyler, Vectornator
Badge earners will complete a graphic project using vector illustration software.
- Prepare your project appropriately by sketching out your illustration
- Use at least 3 different shape tools (i.e. rectangle, ellipse, polygon, etc.)
- Create shapes
- Resize/rotate/move shapes
- Merge/combine shapes
- Select and modify anchor points using the direct selection tool
- Create at least 2 paths or shapes using the pen tool
- Create a color swatch group for your project
- Change the fill/stroke of objects
- Create and utilize multiple artboards
- Take a screenshot of your workspace in the software program
- Export as a JPEG, PNG, or PDF
- Write a short reflection describing your creative process. List the program(s) and specific tools used.
What to Submit:
Create a shared folder in Google Drive or Box with the following items:
- Final JPEG, PNG, or PDF
- Screenshot of workspace (during creation).
- Written reflection describing your creative process for this project, list program(s) used as well as specific tools used in said program.
You are welcome to create any project that meets the badge requirements. However, we have come up with some possible scenarios to get you started if you need them:
- You are creating a postcard of your favorite vacation destination to send to your family
- You are creating a cartoon character for a web comic
- You are creating a new logo for your favorite company
- You are creating an illustration for a children’s book