Software you could use: Photoshop, Photopea, GIMP, Affinity Photo
Badge earners will create a photo-based poster using a photo manipulation software.
- Prepare for your project by sketching out what poster you will create.
- Use adjustment layers or filters to enhance the photo(s)
- Add, resize, and adjust text (make sure it is readable)
- Use shape tools/paintbrush tool to create at least one shape/icon
- Take a screenshot of your workspace in the software program
- Export as JPEG, PNG, or PDF
- Write a short reflection describing your creative process. List the program(s) and specific tools used.
What to Submit:
Create a shared folder in Google Drive or Box with the following items:
- Final project file (JPG, PNG, etc.)
- Screenshot of workspace (during production)
- Written reflection describing your creative process for this project, list program(s) used as well as specific tools used in said program.
See an example here
You are welcome to create any project that meets the badge requirements. However, we have come up with some possible scenarios to get you started if you need them:
- You want to create a magazine cover of your sister for her birthday.
- You want to make an album cover for your favorite band.
- You want to create a book cover for an ebook you just finished.
- You want to make a poster for a play that you’re cast in.