Software you could use: Excel, Google Sheets, Numbers
Badge earners will analyze at least 100 rows of data in a spreadsheet software.
- Create or download a data set with at least 100 rows, several columns and including both quantitative and qualitative data.
- For the quantitative data, use formulas to turn ordinal data into numbers and calculate the:
- Standard deviation
- For the qualitative data/open-ended classify each answer into a category and calculate how many times each category is represented in the data.
- Create two different charts or graphs representing the data.
What to Submit:
Create a shared folder in Google Drive or Box with the following items:
- Final .xlsx file
- Screenshots of workspace during creation (at least 2).
- Written reflection describing the process, skills, and tools used to create this project.
You are welcome to create any project that meets the badge requirements. However, we have come up with some possible scenarios to get you started if you need them:
- You have to analyze your employee’s quarterly stats
- You are analyzing the results of a game
- You need to analyze the results of a study
- You are analyzing the various team scores from a sport season