Software you could use: InDesign, Illustrator, LucidPress, Microsoft Publisher, Affinity Publisher, Affinity Designer, Scribus, Inkscape, QuarkXPress
Badge earners will create an infographic based on principles of graphic design.
- Prepare for your project by sketching out your design beforehand
- Use color.adobe.com or a similar website/service to establish a color scheme
- Set up an appropriately sized document
- Use shapes to make infographic
- Use the rectangle and ellipse tools
- Use the polygon tool (or its equivalent) to create a triangle or a shape that has more than 4 sides
- Change the stroke and fill of a shape
- Make sure the colors match your color scheme
- Decrease or increase the size of the stroke
- Create a shape that either has no fill or no stroke
- Use alignment tools to line up shapes
- Group shapes together
- Create text boxes
- Insert text that describes your infographic
- Use layers to separate background, text, and images
- Take a screenshot of your workspace in the software program
- Export as a JPEG, PNG, or PDF
- Write a short reflection describing your creative process. List the program(s) and specific tools used.
What to Submit:
Create a shared folder in Google Drive or Box with the following items:
- Final JPEG, PNG, or PDF
- Screenshot of workspace (during editing). Make sure screenshot includes how you used layers in your project (layers panel, etc.)
- Written reflection describing your creative process for this project, list program(s) used as well as specific tools used in said program.
You are welcome to create any project that meets the badge requirements. However, we have come up with some possible scenarios to get you started if you need them:
- You are creating an infographic that shows how much snow we got last year. You want to describe it using some art of a snowman.
- You want to recreate your favorite album using simple shapes with a blurb underneath it that says a little bit about the album.
- You are trying to raise awareness about an issue you care about and want to create an image that you can post on social media about it.
- You are trying to convince your family to take you on vacation and are preparing an infographic to sway them to your side.