Software you could use: Photoshop, Photopea, GIMP, Affinity Photo
Badge earners will create a dreamy, fantastical or absurd photo.
- Prepare your project appropriately by taking time to sketch out and plan what fantastical photo you will create, and what photos you will use to create it
- Import multiple photos
- Use at least 2 different selection tools to select the parts of your images that you want to combine
- Use masks to combine your photos into one dreamy, fantastical, or absurd photo project
- Use adjustment layers and clipping masks to enhance a specific part of your image
- The photo may be absurd, but should still be of good quality. Whatever edits are made, make sure that everything looks nice
- Take a screenshot of your workspace in the software program
- Export as JPEG, PNG, or PDF
- Write a short reflection describing your creative process. List the program(s) and specific tools used.
What to Submit:
Create a shared folder in Google Drive or Box with the following items:
- Final Fantastical Photo File (JPG, PNG, etc.)
- Screenshot of workspace (during production)
- Written reflection describing your creative process for this project, list program(s) used as well as specific tools used in said program.
See an example here
You are welcome to create any project that meets the badge requirements. However, we have come up with some possible scenarios to get you started if you need them:
- You had a crazy dream, and want to replicate it within a photo to share with your friends.
- You like writing fantasy books and want to create a scene from your story.
- You like funny pictures of unrealistic things to make people laugh on the internet.
- You’ve been asked to create mythical species for a project in your biology class