Software you could use: Photoshop, Photopea, GIMP, Affinity Photo
Badge earners will create a 3-5 page photo compilation to insert into social media stories or posts.
- Prepare for your project by sketching out what you will create for your compilation.
- Import 3-5 photos
- Use adjustment layers and filters to enhance the photos
- Use at least 2 different healing tools to edit your photos (ie. spot healing brush, patch tool, content aware move, clone stamp)
- Add, resize, and adjust text (make sure it is readable)
- The result must all be able to fit within the dimensions used for the desired media story/post.
- If text or other icons are added to the image, make sure that it’s readable and of good quality.
- Take a screenshot of your workspace in the software program
- Export as JPEG, PNG, or PDF
- Write a short reflection describing your creative process. List the program(s) and specific tools used.
What to Submit:
Create a shared folder in Google Drive or Box with the following items:
- Final project file (JPG, PNG, etc.)
- Screenshot of workspace (during production)
- Written reflection describing your creative process for this project, list program(s) used as well as specific tools used in said program Also include which social media you prepared your project for, and whether it’s a story or a post.
You are welcome to create any project that meets the badge requirements. However, we have come up with some possible scenarios to get you started if you need them:
- You want to post on Instagram about your brother’s wedding.
- You’ve been asked to promote a new job opening on your Facebook by your boss.
- You just graduated and want to post about your school experience on your Instagram story.
- You’ve started a new business, and want to share on your Facebook story what your business is.