Software you could use: Photoshop, Photopea, GIMP, Affinity Photo
Badge earners will create an inspiring/creative project.
- Prepare your project appropriately by taking time to sketch out and plan your creative photo project
- Choose 5 new features or tools to learn and apply them to your project
- Examples of skills you could learn:
- Content aware fill
- Quick masks
- Smart objects
- Blur tool
- History brush
- Blending modes
- Select and mask workspace
- Type mask tool
- Create a project emphasizing skills above and beyond previous photo editing badges. It can be a project useful to your discipline or field
- Take a screenshot of your workspace in the software program
- Export as JPEG, PNG, or PDF
- Write a short reflection describing your creative process. List the program(s) and specific tools used.
What to Submit:
Create a shared folder in Google Drive or Box with the following items:
- Final Fantastical Photo File (JPG, PNG, etc.)
- Screenshot of workspace (during production)
- Written reflection describing your creative process for this project, list program(s) used as well as specific tools used in said program (include the 5 new skills you learned).
You are welcome to create any project that meets the badge requirements. However, we have come up with some possible questions to get you started if you need them:
- What have you always wanted to learn to do in photo manipulation software?
- What have you dreamed of creating in photo manipulation software?
- What would be a useful photo manipulation project for your particular field?
- What have you seen on photos from posters, magazines, and social media that you would like to replicate?