Software programs you could use: Audition, Audacity, Garageband
Earners will record and produce a high-quality spoken audio file (audiobook sample, podcast, etc.) of at least 5 minutes.
- Prepare your project appropriately by taking time to script out and plan what will be recorded/edited
- Record a spoken audio track
- Import at least 2 audio tracks (spoken audio + music, spoken audio + spoken audio, etc.) [MP3, WAV, FLAC files, etc.] into the project
- Cut & trim audio to create the final product (for example: remove ‘um’s, ‘ah’s & pauses)
- Adjust the volume throughout the project appropriately
- Fade at least one track in or out
- Make sure the final product is at least 5 minutes long
- Take a screenshot of your workspace in the software program
- Export the project (WAV, MP3, AAC, etc.)
- Write a short reflection describing your creative process. List the program(s) and specific tools used.
What to Submit:
Create a shared folder in Google Drive or Box with the following items:
- Final Audio File
- Screenshot of workspace
- Written reflection describing your creative process for this project, list program(s) used as well as specific tools used in said program.
You are welcome to create any project that meets the badge requirements. However, we have come up with some possible scenarios to get you started if you need them:
- You’ve decided to record your favorite story as an ‘audiobook’ for a family member.
- You want to interview someone you know for a podcast.
- You want to create a podcast in which you discuss your favorite things.
- You want to create a radio theater production of an original story with your friends.
- You want to record a family member discussing their life/a specific memory for posterity.